HCI construction laborer will need to be skilled in the erection of steel buildings, and will manage inspection of products and services to ensure they meet quality standards. It is the laborer’s responsibility to ensure that a project is completed to the acceptable standards. Laborer should also be able to understand from the blueprints how the finished project will look.
- Check with the supervisor for morning schedule.
- Assessing job priorities.
- Making sure safety precautions are followed including updating safety kits in case of any emergencies during the work.
- Making sure company rules are followed.
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
- Build or take apart bracing, scaffolding, and temporary structures
- Dig trenches, back-fill holes, or compact earth to prepare for construction
- Operate or tend equipment and machines used in construction
- Help craft workers with their duties
- Follow construction plans and instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
Construction laborers and helpers work on almost all construction sites, performing a wide range of tasks from the very easy to the extremely difficult and hazardous. Although many of the tasks they do require some training and experience, most tasks usually require little skill and can be learned quickly.
Construction laborers perform a variety of construction-related activities during all phases of construction. However, the main task laborers perform is preparing and cleaning up construction sites. Although most laborers are generalists—such as those who install barricades, cones, and markers to control traffic patterns—many others specialize. For example, those who operate the machines and equipment that lay concrete or asphalt on roads are more likely to specialize in those areas.
Construction laborers must have their own tools, transportation, valid driver’s license, proper protective gear, fall safety harness, hardhat, eye protection, hand gloves and steel toed boots.
Full time 40 hours a week
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com